Monday, April 29, 2013

Masked Identity

Episode 468: Switcheroo Personal Response


I found this to be quite boring. Perhaps it was because I was merely listening and not watching. I am naturally a visual person, not only as an art student. I tend to pay attention more easily if I am able to see what is being spoken. So listening to this episode was not very interesting for me. However, the beginning, where they talked about someone else trying to be you, was an interesting idea. If someone did try and claim to be me, I would let them. It gives me a day of rest from my life.


Explanation

My mask is suppose to represent a nesting doll of the Russian culture as that is where I am from. To try and add a little more design to, I tried to add what is suppose to be snowballs on the side since Russia has a lot of show. 

One of the obstacles I had to try and overcome with this project was getting the tracing paper to form around the curves since my piece was made up entirely of curves.



No comments:

Post a Comment